I move that the Board be required to inform Members when a policy change is being considered and that Members are given an opportunity to present their views about the proposed policy. I propose that:
• a proposed policy resolution should be drafted as a formal resolution, including the authority of the Board and the justification(s) for the policy;
• a proposed policy resolution should be published on the Association website and copies mailed to members for our information;
• a hearing should be scheduled to provide for Member input and discussion of policy resolutions which affect our property rights;
• Board action should be taken on the policy resolution only after consideration of the information received from the Members. An exception to this is a resolution adopted as an emergency measure in which case the policy is adopted and becomes effective for a limited time period, pending a hearing and permanent adoption of the policy;
• once adopted, copies of resolutions should be sent to all Association members, and a copy of the resolution should be included in a “book of resolutions” to maintain a continual record of all resolutions.